Thursday, July 8, 2010

Approaching 21

When I look at my life, I love it. There is not many things in my life that I can say that I would change if given the opportunity. The way I live, the things I learn, the things I do. Today I went to Pizza Hut in Sparta to eat lunch with a highschool guy. Before going I prayed that we would both have a good time and that if God willing we would talk about something worthwhile. We got there and ate a lot(it was the buffet.) But, there was not really any time while we we're talking that I sensed we could talk about something deeper than just surface stuff. I was alright leaving and felt good because even though we didn't talk about anything deep, I did get to spend time with him and show him love whether or not he realized it.
This brings me to my next point, as i approach 21 I get excited because I will be able to go out and have a good time. My friends say they can't wait... But, what I have found out recently is that I may not really want to do this... Occasionaly of course, but, what I really want my life to be about is about loving others. I have a sign by my bedroom door that reads "It's not all about me." But, most of the time it is all about me and that is not what i want. I want to be propelled by Christ's love so much that i would not even think of myself. Just like Phillipians 2
1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

So as I go forward I hope that I can keep this in mind and know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment