Monday, June 21, 2010

Quia amasti me, fecisti me amabilem.

Recently life for me has been good. It's been a great summer so far just growing and actually learning and pushing forth without some program or anything other than just God and my desire to know him more. Like I said I've read a couple books and have been consistent with waking up and having a quiet time before my day starts off (most of the time it's around 10am anyways) But, then after that is when I really get going. This morning i read some a chapter out of The Furious Longing of God. The chapter was called unplanned moment of prayer. He was really just talking about how much we are loved, and how its unconditional and we often believe in our heads of that but not in our hearts. It talks about how we have to live peacefully with our "amazing degree of weakness", gracefully with our "own extreme psychic frailty", Until we let Christ be our truth, the false, fraudulent self motivated by cowardice and fear will continue to distance us from abiding restful union. The previous chapters talked about Union, Abba, our ideas of gods, and the beginning.

So far I have really enjoyed this book, it makes me ponder upon many ideas. Although, sometimes it is very much of an information overload and I have to go back to reread other things. I guess i'm just not that smart, not!


Quia amasti me, fecisti me amabilem.
(In loving me, you made me lovable.)

It's crazy to think that someone could love us as powerful as God. He loves us unconditionally, which is nothing that one could grasp, i do not believe. What is even more crazy is the fact that he would want to love us. I have nothing that I am able to offer him that he doesn't already have or couldn't get otherwheres. It is fascinating.

I do not like when people start prayer "Daddy" instead of Father, or Jesus. I suppose it has a lot to do with jealousy, I want to be that close to have an intimate relationship but, it feels so far away and silly. In this book he challenges the readers over the next month to pray "Abba, I belong to you." I plan on taking this challenge and emerging myself into prayer and leaving myself behind, if that makes any sense.....

No comments:

Post a Comment